Monday, April 11, 2011

All This Stuff

A friend of mine is moving, and in order to make it easier, she sold all of her belongings.

How does one do that??

I wish I had it in me to sell all of my stuff. I don't need it. I don't want it. But for some reason I feel like I'm connected to it. My homestead is all books and CDs and plates and glasses and more books. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not a hoarder. I've seen those shows and I'm not that bad.

I just wish I didn't have so much stuff. I wish I could just take off at a moments notice. I wish I could grab a bag and just leave.
Where did all this stuff come from?
Why do I feel so connected to all this stuff?
Will I reread these books? Will I look at the liner notes of that album again? And how many different place settings does a person need?

I wish I could just give it all away or sell it or just leave it behind.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment