Sunday, May 29, 2011

Late Night/Early Morning

It's eight in the morning and I'm trying my hardest to get this damn fire going. All I have to work with is a piece of cardboard, a ton of wet wood from trees taken down and split apart, & a small handful of dry treated wood scraps.

About four hours ago I was standing around a raging fire hanging out, BSing, and drinking many beers with my cousins. That makes two nights/mornings in a row that I stayed up past 3am. I actually feel fine despite the lack of sleep. I'll sleep when I'm dead as they say.

But that's not really the case with me. I usually can't survive on less that seven hours of sleep. I'm not a kid anymore. But for some reason, down here at camp, I don't seem to need as much sleep.

Let me rephrase that: I can function on much less sleep at camp than back home.

Maybe it's because we're up on top of a hill and the air is thinner. Maybe it's because this is my vacation and I don't want to miss anything. Or maybe I'm just fooling myself and by the time I get back to reality, I'll crash hard and make up all the sleep my body needs.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment