Monday, July 18, 2011

In the Lobby of a Theater

I was at a musical in Lockport on Saturday and I saw a kid who used to come in to Caffe Aroma when I worked there. We'll call him Randy. He worked at a local sub shop and he would trade us fries and chicken finger subs for large lattes. He used to have a crush on one of my co-workers and she kind of had a crush on him. Until she went out on a date with him.

He came up to me and asked how I was and what I was doing now that I wasn't at the caffe anymore and then I made the mistake of asking him what he has been up to:

Oh, well, you know I was into Martial Arts right? Well I was working at a studio in North Buffalo and I was on top of the world... everything was great, I was making money and feeling good and then I relapsed. I don't know why, but I did and with what I was into it takes a lot to come back from it, so I told the guy who was in charge of the karate studio and he fired me. Then I relapsed a few more times and got kicked out of my house and... so, yeah. But I've been clean for 5 months now, which is something, I guess?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Why do people feel the need to tell their ENTIRE LIFE STORY (especially when their life story is so horrible) to people in the lobby of a theater in Lockport? I felt so uncomfortable. How do you respond to that?

"Oh, well... at least you're clean"?
"That sucks dude. So do you go to the caffe anymore?"?

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment