Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One Month To Go

The year is coming to a close quite rapidly so I'm again re-evaluating this blog. Am I doing what I set out to do at the beginning of the year? Am I a better person because of the work that I've put into this blog? Am I happier? Am I sadder? To be honest, I have no idea.

I don't get many comments on my blog posts, but that's not really the point of all this, is it? Not to me it isn't. I'm not trying to sell jewelry or advertise a concert. This blog isn't based on foot traffic. Maybe it should be, but it's not. I set out to write more, and that's exactly what I've done. This is my 130th post this year. That means that I've blogged once every two and a half days, approximately. Compared to last year, that's pretty awesome, I have to say.

I blog about all kinds of stuff. Memories, the 90s, music, childhood memories, the 90s, my favorite bar, and sometimes a combination of a few of these. And sometimes I write about nothing at all. And other times I am super serious. Other times I'm funny, but I never realize I'm funny until people start laughing. And with a blog, well, I can't really hear the laughs. I just hope that I get a smile or two out of the small handful of readers I have. Or a reaction of some kind. Hell, I don't care if the reaction is crying or screaming or punching a baby. I just hope the words I write do something to someone out there.

Not that I'm doing this for everyone else. I'm doing this for me. For growth. For purpose. For... release. I swear to God I have no idea what shape I'd be in right now, the day before the last month of 2011, if it wasn't for this blog. I tend to rant a lot on this platform I've built for myself. And I think that's okay. I think a bit of ranting and venting is healthy. It's better than bottling it all up. Like I said, I don't know what kind of shape I would be in right now if I hadn't picked up this blogging thing.

Maybe I'd be dead.

Probably not, but I'd probably wish I was. Or everyone around me might wish that I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment