Saturday, December 10, 2011

Low

Write (paint, draw, photograph, record, etc.) about your best experience this year. If that's not your cup of joe, write about your worst experience.

I think my last blog post was about one of my best experiences of the year, so this time I will attempt to write about the worst of 2011. And yes, I'm going to write. Painting and drawing and photographing really isn't my thing. As I'm sure you know by this point.

I am sitting here trying to think about my lowest point of 2011. I can't pinpoint it. I'm not saying that I didn't have any low points, I'm just saying I can't narrow it down. Maybe it was when I had that huge fight and argument with my cousin followed by weeks of silence. Or maybe it was when one of my good friends moved away. Or maybe it was when I... damn. My mind is drawing a blank.

I worked really really hard to have a positive outlook on life. I was going to be honest with myself and everyone close to me about how I felt. I was going to write more and re-evaluate my life plans. I was going to cut out all the negativity and clutter in my life as best as I could. And on the most part I did that. I still have way too much clutter in my life, but other than that, I did pretty well. Maybe the reason I can't pinpoint my lowest moment of 2011 is because I didn't have any? That can't be right.

Maybe the reason why I can't pinpoint my lowest moment of 2011 is because it hasn't happened yet? Or maybe I never hit rock bottom this year. That was last year. The Year of the Hermit. 2010 was my low and 2011 is my upward climb.

Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment