Sunday, February 6, 2011

No Insult

I was told today that I am just "an old man clinging to the 90s."

I did not take this as an insult.

I was complaining about some crappy Indie Rock song as I flipped around the channels on Sirius/XM. It sounded like a cross between country music and 1940s polka, not some hip new sound. I immediately flipped it from the 'XMU' station to 'Lithium.' Even the worst of the grunge/alt-rock/post-punk of the 90s is better than this new stuff I'm hearing.

And I do have an open mind most of the time when it comes to music.

And I understand that everyone believes that their generation is better than those after them and less old-fashioned than the generations prior to theirs. But in this case, I truly believe all inspiration and originality has vanished.
If you don't agree, prove me wrong.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment