Sunday, February 20, 2011

Overreacting

I hate being sick. I'd rather be dead than sick.

I woke up today with a sore throat. I popped a cough drop in my mouth and a half hour later my muscles were sore. My nose started running. My chest got tight. If I didn't take a lozenge would I still just have a sore throat? I took some cough medicine as a preventative measure. I drank some peppermint tea with honey.

But I'm still getting sick.

I guess it's good that it's the weekend. The problem is that I have plans to see my family today & get together with my best mates tomorrow afternoon.

"You're just making your self sick so you don't have to visit your family, Chaz."

Maybe. But I really really HATE being sick. I wouldn't purposely do this to myself.
And of course I was overreacting at the start of this blog. I wouldn't rather be dead than sick. There are people much more worse off than some guy with a sore throat and a runny nose. And I would never try to compare myself with someone trying to fight off something worse.

But I really do hate being sick.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment