Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bad Mood

Let's be honest. Some times you set goals for yourself that you fail miserably at reaching.
At the start of this year I started setting daily goals. Benchmark goals. Today's goal was to not let the things my students or coworkers do or say bother me.

I was doing well until about thirty minutes before my work day ended.

I'm not going to get into the details of who said what or who let this conversation snowball or anything like that, but needless to say my mood went from great to good to PISS POOR right quick.

So what do you do when you're put into a bad mood?

I wanted to go straight to the bar and throw back a couple few cold ones.
I wanted to speed.
I wanted to listen to loud, aggressive music.
I wanted to break things.
I wanted to drive the EXACT speed limit in the left lane and not move for anyone.
I wanted to scream and yell and curse.
I wanted to quit and run away somewhere warm.

But I didn't do any of those things. Well, except for the aggressive music.

The old me would have done all of the above, plus a possible unprofessional outburst or three.

I am still seething a bit inside, but writing & breathing & sitting still is helping.

Venting goes a LONG way.

And taking this tie off will help too.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment