Sunday, January 30, 2011

13 States, 1 Province.

Man, I miss taking vacations. Or trips. Or just weekend get-a-ways.

I would have to say my favorite spot for getting away is Toronto. And Rochester. And Pittsburgh.
That's if I'm choosing places that have no family members living in them.
Although if I looked out the window and then was asked to pick a city to get away to, I would probably pick Siesta Key, FL.

In all honesty I really have not been many places in my life. I've lived in and around Western New York all of my life. Went to school in Rochester and lived there for a total of six years or so. That's technically WNY, right? I've visited Orlando and St. Petersburg and Fort Myers and Tampa and Sarasota in Florida. I've never been to NYC, but I've been to Toronto and Pittsburgh, which are pretty large cities. As is Washington DC & Baltimore.  I love that area.  I'd really love to go back there. I went to a music festival in Illinois called Cornerstone, but I really have no idea which part of the state it was in. Saratoga Springs, NY is a pretty amazing place to visit. I have a feeling it is quite pricey to live though.

I've driven through a lot of places. And I've camped in the wilderness.

Needless to say, I have not been on a trip-- even just for the day-- in quite a while.  Being out of work for over six months will do that to you.
It would be cool to go somewhere new on my next trip, but visiting a place I've been before is easier. There isn't a learning curve. I know where the cool coffee joints are and the cheap pubs and the great people watching is. I don't have to look for the markets and the record stores and the book shops on a map or anything, I just jump on the train or subway or rickshaw and I'm there.

I'm trying to think... How many states and provinces and countries have I been in or through?

New York
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Virginia
West Virginia
Maryland
South Carolina
North Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee (I think?)
Illinois
Indiana
Ontario

Do you have me beat?
Where's the next great place I should visit (in North America) if I had the chance?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

1 comment:

  1. New York
    Pennsylvania
    Ohio
    Virginia
    West virginia
    Massachusetts
    Maryland
    South Carolina
    North Carolina
    Georgia
    Washington D.C.
    Florida
    Tennessee
    Alabama
    Ontario

    Same number, I trade Illinois for Massachusetts and Indiana for Alabama.

    ReplyDelete