Friday, January 7, 2011

Entry Five

I read something today that kind of struck a nerve. I don't have the exact quote, but it basically said that the more someone blogs, the less unique they become.

I'm not sure how much I agree with that idea, but I'm also not sure if I disagree. Blogging involves revealing secrets and "telling" people things about yourself that you would not normally divulge. Bloggers and writers are more honest when they type. The more "stuff" someone reveals, the less of themselves is left.

Does this make you less unique? If I share all if my secrets, does that mean I'm less me than before I revealed those secrets? Do all bloggers become more similar the more they write/publish blogs?

Is society and technology just attempting to make everyone the same?

I also believe technology (& society) is making everyone more solitary, but that's for another post.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment