Saturday, January 22, 2011

Entry Seventeen

I often sleep horribly because I have so much on my mind.

Or because I eat too late. Or too early.
The last week or so has been pretty crazy with the Too Much On My Mind crap. First there's the nostalgia (see Entry Sixteen), then there's the news that Keith Olbermann left MSNBC, then there's the news that Aaron Sorkin is working on another television show for a channel I don't have. I get stressed out and hyped up about the stupidest things.  Why?  Why can't I just calm the hell down and relax?  Is it anxiety?  Probably.  It runs in my family pretty rampantly.  But I don't get anxious about enclosed spaces or being in a room full of strangers or silverfish.  I get anxious about TV. And memories.  And food.

I went to bed at 2am and woke up around 630am.  My plan is to eat, do a bit of reading, and then extend my birthday weekend even longer by going to the pub for drinks, a late lunch, and drinks.  By ten o'clock tonight I should be fatigued enough to fall asleep.  And then I can end this sleeplessness cycle.

For the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment