Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kids Today

I hate to be a crotchety old man at the age of 34, but kids today are ridiculous.

I know I nay be a little older than your average state college student, but I'm not so out of touch that I don't "get it." I may be losing my hair, but I'm not losing my mind. If you want to slouch your pants and show what kind of boxers you're wearing, fine. If you want to wear your baseball cap on backwards or sideways, more power to you. I won't make any comments about how you look uneducated and immature. Neither of those fashion statements don't directly effect me.

But when you sit next to me IN A COLLEGE CLASSROOM and complain in a non-whisper to the kid sitting on the other side of you about who the hell knows what, then we're getting into actions that effect me. Directly.

Maybe you're at school on your parents' dime, but I'm not. I'm in class because I want to, not because I have to. If you don't want to be in class, go outside. Go home. Go away.

Here's another thing: when did teachers start handing out study guides For midterms and exams? I've had two classes this week and in both at least one student asked if there would be study guides available for the tests. REALLY?

Okay. End of rant.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment