Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Entry Nine

This blogging thing is hard, sometimes.

I told myself that I would at least attempt to put up one a day this year. I'm not exactly sure why I decided that. Maybe it's so that I can "keep the creative juices flowing" or something equally creepy sounding. Or Maybe it's so that I can have something to show for myself. I feel like the last year has been a blur. I really don't remember much other than losing my job. Did I accomplish anything? I'm not sure.

If you were to take a piece of paper and list every year you have been alive on the left side and then put one word representing that year on the right, what word would describe 2010? What did you do last year? What about 1995? 2003? It's hard, yes? Think of the one thing you did that defines that year. A trip you took. A person you met. A concert you attended.

But getting back to blogging.
Why am I doing this? Why does anyone do this? Why do people do anything on the internet? Status updates and tweets and blogs and picture posting... it's all, well, boring... am I right? The question "why bother?" come up a lot while wandering through the internet.

A fan site based on the Aaron Spelling show "Charmed"? Really?
A Facebook status about what your child just said? Who cares?
A tweet explaining what your dream? How interesting!

And that's not to say I am not guilty of some of these boring, useless, and ridiculous activities. I share asinine trivia and liberal political rants and blogs that no one cares about or will read. But I do it anyway.

That's what the internet is for! I'm not going to scribble away in a journal like I did when I was a teenager. I'm going to blog. And maybe this is not for you.

I told myself that I would blog at least once a day this year and I'm still not exactly sure why.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Validation? On some level, don't we all want to be validated and appreciated for our outlook on life? Make that connection and impact with someone else who shares our sentiment?

    That's how I've always looked at it. I'm putting myself out there. No one's obliged to follow everything. But every now and then, you connect with someone. Via tweet. Via blog. Via update. You impact them, you connect, you feel relevant, tangible, integrated in some sense.

    Or I could be completely wrong. But why would I delude myself with that when it's so much more fun to touch base with someone and enjoy those moments of connection and reality? :)

    ReplyDelete